12.04.2007

Hey Old Friends...



So, it always feels as if I'm playing catch-up with this blog, but yet again, i need to go back and let you in on the most amazing Thanksgiving I have had in a while.

Now this wasn't your traditional Thanksgiving... far from it.

And before everyone starts yelling at me, yes I know how dangerous it is to meet people that I've only ever talked to on the internet, but everything turned out splendidly ... and hey, I'm currently living with three girls that I met through the internet and only talked to a couple of times before I moved thousands of miles to live with them.

Before I get too far ahead of myself, I feel I need to explain and introduce you to the cast. If you didn't know previously, I am a huge fan of Julie Andrews. Like huge. A while back, I decided to check out this fan page that had a forum on it. I felt a little silly at first because I had never been a part of anything of the sort, still feel a little silly to be honest. I alway thought it was weird.

But to make a long story short, I met a few people on this forum and we started IMing every night. The conversations we would have were just hysterical. I saved a few and took the opportunity to go back and read them the other night... it's amazing that we were even able to get one coherent thought in.

The more we talked, the more we decided that we needed to meet. Turned out that we all had Thanksgiving weekend off and could take the time together. We talked about it, and Lauren (who was living on Long Island at the time) said that she knew a place we could stay in Sag Harbor, NY. So, we all agreed and we were off planning.

Oh, and it just happened to be the same weekend that Julie and her daughter were premiering their new play that they are producing... but that didn't have anything to do with why we chose to go there at all. You believe me don't you. No, well, then you're smarter than I thought :)

Anyway, I'm not going to post the whole story tonight, cause it's a long one... this is just a teaser and to introduce you to my new friends. Some of my best friends really. It's amazing how fast we all bonded, it really was like we had known each other forever. So without further ado...


This is lozz (Lauren, but no one calls her that) she's originally from Australia and she is awesome! She's the person I made friends with first. You'll hear more about her later


This is Emma. She is a hoot. A total blond, and I love her for it! She kept us in stitches the whole time with her questions.


This is Iva (pronounced Eva). This is the quickest witted person I have ever met! I couldn't catch a breath from laughing. I seriously think I pulled something in my side... it hurt so bad when I got home.


Here's the group of us:
front row: josie, lozz, emma
back row: me, iva, emmy

Well, that's it for now. I'll be back tomorrow to post about the first part of our trip. Toodles.

ps: you can click on the pics to see them in a larger size

2 comments:

Alyson said...

Fine, be that way, don't tell the whole story. Anyway, I am so glad that you had a great Thanksgiving! I can't wait to hear your story!
Laters Gaters

Hannah said...

hehe, i'm evil yeah :P don't worry, i'll be updating soon.