12.05.2007

What d'ya say old friend...




See, I promised I wouldn't leave ya hanging for long :)

So, my tale begins the Monday before Thanksgiving... actually it starts a little earlier, but that's not important.

One night while talking, Lozz and I decided it might be cool if she came here to Vermont for a few days and then ride down to New York together. So, she booked a one way ticket on Jet Blue to Vermont and stayed here with me for a few days.

It was so awesome to get to meet her and hang out. I unfortunately had to work during the day, so I'm afraid that Lozz was probably bored out of her skull while I was there, but God bless my bosses, they let me leave everyday at noon so that we could go do stuff while it was still daylight.

We still had a blast though! Because we are both Julie fans, and in turn Sound of Music fans, we decided it would be cool to drive up to the Von Trapp family lodge in Stowe. This is where the Trapp family settled after they quit touring here in America. It's a beautiful place, especially in the snow that had fallen over the weekend. Here's some pics:




It was so cute; Lozz had never really seen snow before. She had been skiing, but had never just seen a field of untouched snow. So while we were walking around up there, we came across one such field... and what do you do when that happens? Right, you run through it!


We then drove into Stowe Village and went shopping! There are such cute shops all over
Stowe, and we of course had to stop to take a picture with the Vermont Bear:



Well, that's all for this post. Be back again tomorrow for the actual Thanksgiving part of the story :P

1 comment:

Alyson said...

COOL!! I hate to say you may be disappointed when you get home- no snow. It flurried yesterday and put ice on the roads but that is about it. You know I never knew that the Trapp family had a place like that, it is pretty cool.
Well I can't wait to hear your story and see you when you get in. Have fun and don't have too many snow ball fights.