12.14.2007

"I don't know if I oughta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic. "




So, the greatest thing about all this snow that we are getting up here is getting to go sledding! Along with all the other great winter games you can play!

So far we have about 6-8 inches of snow in Burlington... farther south, there is about 12-18 inches. There is supposed to be a huge storm coming in tomorrow night into Monday morning. They are calling for about 12 or more inches of snow here in Burlington. I'm kinda excited! I'm getting exactly what I wished for, lots of snow!

I'm planning on going out and finishing up my Christmas shopping tomorrow, so I'll take my camera and try to get some pictures of what everything looks like in the snow. In the mean time however, enjoy some pictures I took last weekend when Lozz and her boyfriend Ben came back up to Vermont to visit me.



Ben has never seen "real" snow before, so we had a lot of fun. We went to Stowe to the little shops there, and watched them make candy canes. We stopped at the Ben & Jerry's factory, of course, where a huge snowball fight ensued. I don't have the pictures from that yet, gotta wait till Lozz gets home again, but I have pictures from when we went sledding in Underhill.

This hill is insane! Not like the sledding we have in Kentucky where we go for length rather than height. Here, the sledding hills are serious! I was a little nervous at first...




Then of course, I had to show Ben how to make a snow angel:




Oh, and speaking of sledding... almost everyday at around 3:30, I get to listen to the kids who live in our residential houses go sledding on the hill right behind my office. I've taken to rolling my chair over to the window so that I can watch them for a little while. Yesterday, they had one of the teachers out there with them.

It's so much fun to watch these kids who have so much crap happening to them in their lives getting to have fun like any "normal" kid. I love watching them... though, anyone who may be passing my office at the time may wonder why I'm sitting there staring dreamily out the window.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Oooooooo that looks like lots of fun!!